Explosion-Proof Proportional Valves - ATEX, IECEx Rated
- Explosion Proof Proportional Valve with Integral Digital Drivers
- With or Without integral Position or Pressure Transducer
- Atex or IECEx Certification
Ex-proof ZA valves are proportional valves equipped with specific solenoids and integral digital electronic drivers available with following certifications and protection mode:
- ATEX 94/9/CE
Ex II 2 G Ex d IIC T6/T5/T4/T3 (group II for surface plants with gas or vapours environment, category 2, zone 1 and 2)
- IECEx worldwide recognized safety certification, Ex d IIC T6/T5/T4/T3 Gb IP66
The solenoid and the electronics housing are designed to contain the possible explosion which could be caused by the presence of the gas mixture inside the housing, thus avoiding dangerous propagation in the external environment. They are also designed to limit the external temperature according to the certified class to avoid the self ignition of the explosive mixture present in the environment.
The integral digital drivers in explosion proof construction provides consistent advantages respect to the separated analog drivers for ex-proof valves:
- compact execution
- simplified valve wiring
- reduced risk of electromagnetic disturbances on the valve’s transducer feedback signal
- possibility to exploit in hazardous environment all the advantages provided by the standard digital electronics: software setting of the main functional parameters as bias, ramps, scale, linearization of the hydraulic regulation characteristic
- complete diagnostics of the driver status, and fault condition.
Following communication interfaces are available:
- PS, Serial communication interface for configuration, monitoring and firmware updating through Atos PC software.
- BC, CANopen interface
- BP, PROFIBUS DP interface
The valves with -BC and -BP interfaces can be integrated into a fieldbus communication network and thus digitally operated by the machine control unit.
The ex-proof digital integral electronics is available for the full range of proportional valves, as shown in the catalog.