RB12 Single-channel RS422 Buffer
- Connect multiple motion controllers to one encoder for gearing applications
- RS422 differential transceivers for high noise immunity
- Selectable termination on RS422 input-high impedance or 220 ohm
- Compact DIN-rail mount
- Single +5VDC ±5% power supply
- Low current draw, 30mA typical (varies with termination impedance of RS422 load(s) on the RB12 outputs)
- Part Number: RB12
The RB12 contains a differential RS422 receiver input with selectable termination, and two differential RS422 line driver outputs. Each output is capable of driving one RS422 input with 100 ohm termination or two RS422 inputs with input termination of 200 ohms each.
Use two RB12s to buffer the RS422 signals from a quadrature encoder (one RB12 for A and one for B) to allow a gearing encoder to be used with multiple motion controllers. Simply snap off the side panel of the RB12's DIN rail mount enclosure to access the termination jumper.