VC2124 Voltage-to-Current Converter
- Two channels of voltage-to-current conversion
- Full scale output current switch-selectable from ±10mA to ±100mA in 10mA steps (each channel is set independently)
- Inputs and outputs can be paralleled for output current up to ±200mA
- One dual-color LED per channel indicates input polarity and amplitude
- One red LED per channel indicates output saturation (open circuit or excessive load resistance)
- Outputs protected against inductive voltage spikes and short circuits
- Compact DIN-rail mount package
- Powered from a single 24VDC power supply
- Part Number: VC2124 – Includes unpluggable
The VC2124 voltage-to-current converter transforms ±10V signals into current signals capable of driving hydraulic servo valves or similar loads. It also provides a convenient way to set the full scale current to match valve requirements, limit maximum current, or set optimum working ranges.
These bipolar outputs are switch selectable in 10 mA increments up to +/- 100 milliamps (mA) on each of two channels. The VC2124 requires a single 24 V power supply, eliminating the dual 15 V supplies needed by other converters.
In addition to being able to drive two valves separately, the VC2124's two channels can be combined in a parallel configuration to drive larger servo valves that require more than 100 mA but less than or equal to 200 mA.
To aid in diagnostics and troubleshooting, the converter module provides two LED indicators for each channel (one indicating input voltage amplitude and polarity and one indicating output saturation, which may represent an output fault such as a loose wire).